4 tbsp of Steward’s Lazzat curry powder (40 g)
1Kg of fish
1 tbsp of lemon juice
1 tbsp of turmeric Powder (10 g)
10 tbsp of oil for cooking
2 large onions chopped
6 – 7 curry leaves
2 tbsp garlic paste
1 tbsp of green chilli paste (optional)
1 tbsp of tamarind paste
½ cup of chopped tomatoes
2 tbsp fried onions
1 small bunch of green coriander chopped for garnish
- Marinate fish slices in lemon juice, turmeric powder and garlic paste and keep aside for half an hour.
- Heat oil, fry fish slices, remove and keep aside
- In the same pan, add chopped onions and braise a little; then add curry leaves; while stirring gradually add fish spices, green chilli paste, then add chopped tomatoes.
- Add enough water, then fried fish and tamarind paste, salt to taste. Cover and simmer for 7 to 10 minutes or until gravy thickens.
- Garnish with fried onions and coriander leaves.
- Serve with La Caze Mama Dal Puri, white rice or La Caze Mama Farata accompanied with cucumber salad